About the course
This course will give students the tools they need to be emotionally intelligent in their workplace. By the end of the course, they should be able to manage their own impulses, communicate with others effectively, manage change well, solve problems and use humour to build rapport in tense situations. The students will also have empathy, remain optimistic even in the face of adversity and are gifted at educating and persuading in a sales situation and resolving customer complaints in a customer service role.
What will I learn?
The Course Topics include:
1. What is Emotional Intelligence?
2. Skills in Emotional Intelligence
3. Verbal Communication Skills
4. Non-Verbal Communication Skills
5. Social Management and Responsibility
6. Gaining Control
7. Business Practises (I)
8. Business Practises (II)
9. Making an Impact
Benefits of the course
Course Objectives are as follows:
1. To define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy
2. To understand, use and manage your emotions
3. To verbally communicate with others
4. To successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner
5. To identify the benefits of emotional intelligence
6. To relate emotional intelligence to the workplace
7. To balance optimism and pessimism
8. To effectively impact others
Who is this course for?
Individuals who would like to improve their ability to read situations and respond in a correct and empathetic manner.