The Toyota Production System (TPS) is a mindset and management system that embraces continuous improvement. TPS organizes manufacturing and logistics, including interaction with suppliers and customers. Originally called “Just in Time Production,” it builds on the approach created by the founders of Toyota. TPS revolves around 5 simple steps:
- Define Value of your product > Make it according to Customer needs and Customer Defined
- Identify Value Stream of your product > Follow the product and identify unnecessary actions
- Study the Flow your product > Eliminate All Waste
- Make only what the customer orders > Produce Just In Time for Demand
- Strive for Perfection > Continuous Improvement. Good enough is never enough.