About the course
This course will give students the ability to motivate their employees and get the best out of them. Students will learn the importance of keeping their workforce motivated and how this leads to a successful workforce. The course will take a particular focus on the fact that making the job easy for employees acts as more of a hindrance to motivating a confident set of employees and is part of the problem as it leads to complacency.
What will I learn?
The Course Topics include:
1. Psychological Approach
2. Object-Orientated Theory
3. Using Reinforcement theory
4. Using Expectancy Theory
5. Personality’s Role in Motivation
6. Setting Goals
7. A Personal Toolbox
8. Motivation on the job
9. Addressing Specific Moral Issues
10. Keeping Yourself Motivated.
Benefits of the course
Course Objectives are as follows:
1. To define motivation, an employer’s role in it and how the employee can play a part
2. To identify the importance of Employee Motivation
3. To identify methods of Employee Motivation
4. To describe the theories which pertain to Employee Motivation – with particular reference to psychology
5. To identify personality types and how they fit into a plan for Employee Motivation
6. To set clear and defined goals
7. To identify specific issues in the field and addressing these issues and how to maintain this going forward
Who is this course for?
Employers and managers- that want to make sure that they have a workforce who will do their best- who need to achieve the challenge of delivering the right balance between a confident, motivated workforce and a workforce which is driven to attain goals.